The 14th Annual
Thank You for the Tremendous Response
to the 2013 Program!!!
The response to the 2013 eHealthcare Leadership Awards was very strong. Well over 1,100 entries were received from a wide range of healthcare organizations.
Organizations had the opportunity to enter under one of 17 classifications so that they could compete against others of comparable type, size, and resources. There were 14 different Award categories.
This leading awards program exclusively recognizes the very best websites and digital communications of healthcare organizations (both large and small), online health companies, pharmaceutical/medical equipment firms, suppliers, and business improvement initiatives. These awards highlight the Internet's role in achieving an organization's business objectives and recognize the hard work that has gone into creating outstanding health websites and digital initiatives.
More than 120 individuals familiar with healthcare and the Internet are currently evaluating entries. Web sites are being rated based on a standard of Internet excellence and how they compare with others in their group classification.
Winners were recognized during a special presentation at the Seventeenth Annual Healthcare Internet Conference held November 4-6, 2013 in New Orleans. To see the winners, check here.
If you would like to be notified when we begin the call for entries for the 2014 eHealthcare Leadership Awards, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call for entries begins May 1, 2014.
The following companies have helped to make the eHealthcare Leadership Awards possible:
Connect Healthcare (A PhotoBooks Company)
Private Health News
Primacy (formerly Acsys Interactive)
Professional Research Consultants
An independent panel of individuals familiar with healthcare and digital communications evaluate each entry. Websites and other digital efforts will be rated based on a
standard of Internet excellence and how they compare with others in their
group classification. Judging takes place during August.
Award Categories and Judging Criteria
- Best Overall Internet Site. Factors considered include delivery of strong health content, interactivity, medical care support, integration with the organization's operations, as well as strength of Web design and ease of navigation.
- Best Site Design. Is the Web design unusual, attractive, and engaging? Does the design facilitate access to key site information; provide strong branding and excellent usability?
- Best Social Networking. Focus is on blogs, chats, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Second Life, and other social networking channels.
- Best Rich Media. Includes video, audio podcasts, Flash shows, animations, virtual tours, and multimedia.
- Best Interactive Site. Focus is on site's interactive features and technologies: for providing health information, health evaluations; establishing ongoing relationships via personal Web pages, e-newsletters, e-mail alerts; facilitating community groups.
- Best Health/Healthcare Content. How extensive, balanced, up-to-date, well-organized, and credible is the information presented? Can material be tailored to individual needs?
- Best Mobile Communications. Focus is on an organization's mobile website, mobile apps, and other mobile efforts. Consideration given for how well mobile is integrated with other communications.
- Best Patient Access & Convenience. Covers appointments requests and scheduling, ER wait times, patient test results, bill pay, patient-physician communications, directions, classes/events, and service preregistration.
Patient portals included.
- New! Best Employee Recruitment. How well does the site promote the advantages of working with your organization? How easy is it to view job openings and apply? Covers all types of positions, including physicians.
- Best Care/Disease Management Site. Focus is on medical management tools and news and information available online to help consumers manage a chronic condition, two-way communication between patient and healthcare practitioners, opportunities to monitor clinical care.
- Best Doctor Directory. How easy is it to find a doctor – physician, dentist, or other professional – who meets a consumer’s or referring physician’s needs? How organized, extensive, and interesting is the information on the doctor? Are appointment requests facilitated?
- New! Best Marketing Campaign. Covers either "Digital/Online" campaigns or "integrated campaigns." The latter includes a combination of digital/online communications and offline/traditional media. Campaigns may involve promotion of a service line, product, or rebranding effort. Submission guidelines will be supplied after entry is made.
- Best Intranet Site. How well is an organization using its "internal network" to enhance employee productivity and satisfaction, reduce administrative costs? Do site design and features encourage use?
- eHealth Organizational Commitment. This award recognizes an organization's commitment to using the Internet and technology to help achieve the organization’s mission and strategic business objectives. Factors considered include financial resources and organizational focus on eHealth as well as initiatives implemented. To enter this award category, you must also enter at least four other award categories and provide details supporting your submission so that the organization can be fully evaluated. Detailed guidelines will be supplied upon entry submission.-
Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Distinction Awards may be given in every Group Classification for each Award Category. The judges determine the exact number and level of awards presented. Award winners receive recognition at a special presentation during the annual Healthcare Internet Conference, in an issue of eHealthcare Strategy & Trends, and on its website. In addition, winners receive an eHealthcare Leadership Awards certificate, along with an Awards logo to display on their website and in promotional material.
Deadline for 2014 Program
Call for entries starts on May 1 and ends June 30. Entries accepted until July 15 with late fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any questions, please see FAQs, which covers many common questions and issues that people have raised in the past. And if you still have a question after reviewing this section, please contact us.